Frequently Asked Questions
About Gold Reef City
As much as we love talking to you, we might not get to your query quick enough as we receive tons of queries about our theme park, movies, hotels and vacancies daily, so we put together this handy FAQ for you to get your query answered ASAP!
There is currently no indication on the Theme Park re-opening date. Please keep an eye out on our social media channels and website for any news!
Gold Reef City Theme Park Ticket Prices
|Online Price||Gate Price|
(Persons Above 1.3m)
|R195 per person||R215 per person|
(Persons Above 1.3m)
|R115 per person||R125 per person|
(Persons Under 1.3m)
|R125 per person||R135 per person|
|Pensioner 60+||R165 per person||R180 per person|
|Student||R165 per person||R180 per person|
(2 Adults and 2 children below 1.3m)
|Available at the gate only||R550 per ticket|
- The Gold Reef City Theme Park entry prices start at R125 per person but differ between the various ticket options. From full access tickets to packages and discounts.
- Children under 3 years are admitted free of charge. Prices may change without prior notification.
Gold Reef City Theme Park is temporarily closed until further notice. Please keep an eye out on our social media channels and website for any news!
Gold Reef City Casino is open daily between 08h00 and 23h30.
Keep an eye on Tsogo Sun Gaming’s careers page for available vacancies and jobs at Gold Reef City – Good luck with the job hunt!
Yes, it is! Entrance to the theme park is free on your birthday upon presentation of your valid ID book, birth certificate, Passport or Drivers Licence.
Should your birthday fall on a day the park is closed – i.e. Monday or Tuesday outside of school holidays, you can choose to join us at the theme park on the Sunday before or the Wednesday that follows your birthday.
Conditions: free entry applies to the birthday boy/girl only. Student cards are not accepted as proof of ID.
The parking fee for the Gold Reef City casino complex is R10 per car or R10 per pedestrian. Entrance fee onto the casino complex is free for all Rewards cardholders upon presentation of their valid Rewards card at the gate.
Gold Reef City hotels’ room rates depend on availability and dates. Get a quote today!
movies@ Gold Reef City tickets start from R55 per person! See our movie line-up and book your movie tickets here
Enjoy an excellent buffet at Gold Reef City’s Billy G restaurant from R210 per person. Make your reservation today!
Guests may not bring their own food or beverages of any kind or form into Gold Reef City. We do have a variety of restaurants, fast food stalls and shops for you to purchase your desired food and drinks.
Gold Reef City is at cnr Northern Parkway and Data Crescent, Ormonde, Johannesburg, 2159.
GPS Coordinates: – 26°14′.15” S | 28°00′.48” E.
The easiest and closest Taxi rank to Gold Reef City would be the MTN Rank in town.
Should you have trouble finding our address you can see our directions guide.
If your child is aged between three years and 13 years old, Definitely! See our Birthday Thrills packages!
Or If you would like to host the party at one of Gold Reef City’s many restaurants, please contact the restaurant directly.
Gold Reef City in Johannesburg South, South Africa has two sides to the entertainment destination, Gold Reef City Casino and Gold Reef City Theme Park. Both giving you an incredible variety of fun things to do, all in one exciting destination. Come play, relax and enjoy world-class entertainment with us.
Gold Reef City in Johannesburg South, South Africa has two sides to the entertainment destination, Gold Reef City Casino and Gold Reef City Theme Park.
Both giving you an incredible variety of fun things to do, all in one exciting destination. Come play, relax and enjoy world-class entertainment with us.
Gold Reef City permits certain prearranged photo shoots. Wedding photos will only be allowed if the actual wedding was in the Gold Reef City Chapel, Family and Engagement photo shoots are not allowed unless agreed to by management in the form of a location shoot agreement.
Commercial photo and film shoots are charged a daily location fee of R30,000 and an additional R5,000 for any rides that you require to be operational. T’s & C’s apply.
If the FAQ’s did not answer your query, contact us through our website or dial +27 11 248 5000 to be directed to the relevant department to assist you with your query.
- If it rains when the park is due to open, you will pay for a Non-Rider ticket and the following rides will remain open; Water Rides, Jump City and 4D Theatre. All other attractions will also remain open for you to enjoy, such as Science Exploratory, Museum Houses, Gold Panning and Bullion Coaches. Please note: Water Rides will shut down in the case of thunder. Once the rain stops you will have to upgrade to a Thrill Rider ticket in order to enjoy the other rides.
- If it starts raining after you have entered the park, the rides will close and no refunds will be given.
- If you have purchased an online ticket and have not redeemed it as yet you may change the date of your visit at no additional cost by via e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our Customer Care Centre on +27 (0)11 248 6800.
Our Gold Reef City Rewards Programme aims to reward our members each chance we get. No frills, no fuss – just relevant benefits that you can actually use!