T's & C's Apply
Terms & Conditions
Gold Reef City Theme Park Rules
Gold Reef City Theme Park hours change for the festive season – see updated business hours here.
Gold Reef City Theme Park general business hours are 09h30 – 17h00 from Wednesday to Sunday and all Public Holidays.
During public Gauteng school holidays the park is open Monday to Sunday from 09h30 – 17h00.
- Please note that Theme Park is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays except during Gauteng school holidays or public holidays.
- Tickets, prices, show times, hours and days of operations are subject to change without notice.
- All facilities are used at own risk and management reserves the right to limit entry into Gold Reef City and/or to evict, without refund, any person, not abiding by the General Rules, Boarding Notices or Park Guides.
- Under no circumstances will management or the owners be liable for any losses or damages sustained as a result of injuries, theft or accidents, whatsoever arising, whether occasioned by any person failing to abide by these Rules and Boarding Notices, or by own act or omissions. Any queries must be directed to management who are responsible for the operating and management of Gold Reef City.
- If you wish to leave Gold Reef City and return later that day, you can do so without being charged by having your hand stamped at the Main Entrance between 09h30 and 15h45 only. Retain your admission ticket at all times.
- Gates at entrance to the Theme Park close at 16h00 – no entry after 16h00. Unfortunately pass out stamps can only be issued between 09h30 and 15h45.
- Shoes must be worn in the park at all times.
- Performances, operating times and prices are subject to change without notice and refunds are at management’s discretion. When unsafe weather conditions dictate, certain rides, shows and attractions may be closed.
- First Aid: for your safety, nurses are on duty during park operating hours.
- No firearms or other dangerous objects are allowed into Gold Reef City under any circumstances and offenders will be prosecuted without exception. Management reserves the right to confiscate any such items found.
- No offensive behaviour as a result of alcohol or other controlled substance abuse permitted in Gold Reef City.
- No pets, skateboards, roller blades, radios or bicycles are allowed into Gold Reef City.
- All children 12 years and under are subject to a responsible adult’s supervision.
- Guests must be at all times dressed including shoes and shirts, in keeping with the family theme promoted at Gold Reef City.
- Guests may not bring their own food or beverages of any kind or form into Gold Reef City.
- All signage inside Gold Reef City is in English. If any instruction is unclear, please ask Guest Services for assistance.
- ‘Please be advised that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, no rain checks or refunds will be given due to bad weather or mechanical failure.
- For your safety, some rides and attractions are restricted according to height and age.
- Always adhere to the height restriction – it is for your own safety.
- Depending on your personal health status please be advised that certain rides can be hazardous to your health.
- Some ride seat restraints may not accommodate guests with certain upper body dimensions. Please use the test seat at the queue line entrance to ensure your ability to safely ride. This applies to Miners Revenge, Anaconda and Tower of Terror specifically. Storm Chaser and High Flying Maverick has the same seat restraints, but these rides do not have test seats.
- Certain rides are not recommended for expectant mothers.
- No smoking, eating or drinking allowed on the rides or in ride queues.
- Shoes must be worn on all rides at all times.
- Availability of rides are subject to change without notice and refunds are at management’s discretion.
- When unsafe weather conditions dictate, certain rides, may be closed.
- Follow the Operator’s instructions and obey safety rules at all times.
- No queue jumping or place keeping permitted.
- Safety restraints are to be secure at all times until the ride comes to a complete stop.
- Stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop.
- Secure loose objects. Leave valuable items with a non-rider friend or use the locker facilities.
- Gold Reef City Management reserve the right to refuse use of any ride to visibly intoxicated persons.
- Please be advised that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, no rain checks or refunds will be given due to bad weather or mechanical failure.
- The Rewards card discounts are limited to four tickets per cardholder per visit. Should a Gaming Rewards Member have more than one card, the discount applies to four tickets on one card only and not to each card.
- The Reward cardholder must personally present his/her card when the tickets are purchased.
- The benefit is open to Montecasino, Suncoast, Gold Reef City, Silverstar, The Ridge, Golden Horse, Emnotweni, Hemingways, Garden Route Casino, Goldfields, Blackrock, Mykonos, The Caledon and Tsogo Sun Hotel Rewards cardholders.
Please note that the mine evacuation procedure in the event of a power failure includes climbing more than 150 steps at a 38-degree incline to the surface. All guests must be able to climb these steps in the case of an evacuation and we, therefore, do not recommend the following guests make use of the mine tour:
- Expectant mothers
- Guests with heart conditions
- Guests with high or low blood pressure
- Guests that have recently undergone major surgery
- Guests suffering from claustrophobia
- Guests suffering from asthma
Please take note of the following rules:
- School groups may only make use of the mine tour for children above the age of six.
- Children between the ages of four and six with families must be accompanied by an adult older than 18 years of age and must be able to walk unassisted and navigate the 150 steps to the surface in the event of an evacuation. Children may not be carried.
- No children under the age of six are allowed on the mine tour.
- All guests with a severe visual impairment must be accompanied by a guest that can guide them while on the mine tour.
- No visually intoxicated guests may go on the mine tour.
If you need more information, please contact Guest Services upon arrival, where a Duty Manager will be happy to assist you before you book your mine tour.
- Guests may only receive free entry on the actual day of their birthday.
- Positive Identification must be produced to show the date of birth. This can be in the form of a Drivers Licence, South African ID, Passport or Birthday Certificate for children younger than 16.
- Should your birthday fall on a day the park is closed – i.e. Monday or Tuesday out of school holidays, you can choose to join us at the theme park on the Sunday before or the Wednesday that follows your birthday.
Our Gold Reef City Rewards Programme aims to reward our members each chance we get. No frills, no fuss – just relevant benefits that you can actually use!