Join Gold Reef City at Cansa’s 20th Shavathon! Shave, Spray Donate!
What will you do for a cancer survivor? Bring your friends, family, colleagues and come and shave or spray your hair in solidarity with Cancer Survivors this March! Gold Reef City Casino will be hosting a Public Shavathon, in association with CANSA, celebrating their 20th year of Shavathons on 3 & 4 March 2023. Bring your R50 in support of the cause.
A leader in the fight against cancer in SA, since 1931, the purpose of the Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA), is to offer a unique, integrated service to the public and to all people affected by cancer.
It’s mission is to be the preferred non-profit leader that enables research with regards to lowering cancer risk, educating the public regarding symptoms, screening and risk reduction, and providing care and support to all people affected by cancer. Your support helps us to continue the fight against cancer in South Africa and brings us closer to the challenge of a cancer-free society within our generation. Let this become our legacy to our children and generations to come.
This March Cansa & Gold Reef City will give you the opportunity to come and Shave, Spray or Donate for a very worthy cause. Bring your R50 and join us in the fight against cancer! The Shavathon will take place on the 3rd of March at the Casino and the 4th of March at the Theme Park. See you there!
- Children under 12 pay only R25
- All guests 12 years and over are required to donate R50 for the cause
- You can choose to spray or shave your hair
- All guests participate at their own risk and choice
- After registration and making your donation, you will be asked to move to the area where your head will be shaved or sprayed. You can choose the length of your shave or the colours of your spray.
- Please take note that CANSA Shavathon will no longer do a ‘clean shave’ due to risk factors – the lowest number you can shave is a number 1.
- If you would like to donate your ponytail, our volunteers are equipped to accept your hair donations – they will snip it and package it for you! Please remember that your hair must be 25 cm or longer, clean & dry – treated or dyed hair may also be donated. Unfortunately, we can’t accept dreadlocks.
- The process could take between 15-60 minutes depending on the queue.